More of the paneling and old sheetrock has been torn out so the walls are basically stripped to the bone.... and not that those orange walls looked good in the bathroom, but this looks a little bit worse.
Another thing my dad worked on this week was reinforcing the ceiling in what was formerly the "green bedroom."
This doesn't make for too exciting pictures, but he said these beams really helped repair some major sagging in the roof.
The other main thing accomplished this week was the addition of some new doorways. I mentioned before that the layout of this house was really weird. (You walked from one bedroom into the next with the one bathroom at the very end of the the third bedroom.) Obviously that wasn't going to work so here is the new plan.
This is a doorway we added from what will be the master bedroom into what will be the master bathroom. (Now we won't have to go into one of the kid's rooms to get to the bathroom.) The doorway that was between this bedroom and the green kid's room will be closed up, and instead we added a doorway going into it from the dining room.
|The doorway on the right is the one we added into the kids' room. Now you will be able to access it from the dining room and not the master bedroom.|
ALSO! I'll be hosting a very exciting giveaway on Friday! So check back!