The Liebster Award is an award given by fellow bloggers to recognize new, up-and-coming blogs. Like I said, I was nominated by Lindsay from Mrs. and the Misc., who also recently wrote a guest post for me. (Mrs. and the Misc. is an adorable new blog written by four wives who post about everything from beauty tips to parenting to diy projects.)
After receiving this award, there are some “rules” to follow:
- The blog nominated must answer the 5 questions given by the person who nominated them.
- The blog nominated must tell 5 random facts about themselves.
- The blog nominated must then nominate 5 blogs (with less than 200 followers), and make sure to tell them you nominated them.
- Finally, you must ask the blogs you nominate to answer 5 questions of your own.
1. If you knew you could only go on one last vacation in your life – where would you go? Someplace new or a vacation favorite?
I'd love to go to Europe... visit Italy, France... all places I've never been!
2. What is the worst gift you were ever given?
I hate to answer this because I appreciate anyone who spends time or money to give me a gift! However, I've received many gifts I never used... like the rice cooker I got at my wedding (and finally got rid of).... Some things like that, I just don't see the point of!... Can't I just cook rice in a pot? :-)
3. Who do you most look up to in your life?
Lots of people but mainly my parents and my Nana and Papa, who are all such great Christian examples.
4. What is your “can’t live without” beauty product (or miracle product that’s changed your life)?
I don't have a "miracle product." I think I am very low maintenance. I can get by on virtually any makeup/beauty products from Walmart, Dollar General or wherever! :-) The one thing I do have to have, I guess, is my Chi hair straightener.
5. Best recipe you’ve ever made? The worst?
I have only made these once, but it needs to happen again SOON: Pioneer Woman's Apple Dumplings. They were the best thing to ever enter my mouth. The worst? On one sad occasion, I attempted to cook a whole chicken. It was a disgusting mess and all went in the trash :-(
Now for 5 random facts about me:
1. I had the same best friends from Kindergarten through high school (and I went to college with one of them!) I think friendships that last that long are a rare find.
2. I can walk with my feet almost completely turned around backwards. At least I think I still can. I nearly popped my knee cap out of place once while doing it in high school, and it hurt so badly I haven't tried it again since.
3. I graduated high school as valedictorian. (I'm on a high school kick, aren't I? I'll just go with it...)
4. I started dating Tyler in the ninth grade and dated him throughout high school.
5. My first car was a silver, two-door Honda civic, which I decked out with a neon licence plate frame, a pink furry steering wheel cover, and a roof covered in photos which I had pinned all over it.
Now for my nominees of my 5 favorite, up-and-coming blogs.
1. Ramblings of a Little Wife -- I met Brittany at the Arkansas Women Bloggers Conference, and she was a sweetheart! And her blog is adorable. She blogs about cooking, projects, decorating, family and more.
2. Ting's Mom -- Karen, (aka "Ting's Mom") was also at the AWB Conference. She and I didn't get a chance to talk there, but she found my blog later when I posted this and recently added me to her blog roll :-). She too blogs about living in a small town and raising her little ones to love Jesus.
3. Oh by Golly -- Jacklyn from Oh by Golly was actually a real-life-we've-hung-out-in-person friend, who also accompanied me to the AWB Conference. Her blog is so cute, brimming with diy ideas and funny stories.
4. Money Family Musings -- Amanda is a super sweet girl who also has a three year old and a new baby. She attended the Bloggers' Night Out I organized last year. She blogs about parenting, projects and recipes.
5. TGIF (Thank God It's Fitness) -- Now for this one maybe I'm cheating. My friend Jessica is starting a new blog, with her very first post scheduled to go up FRIDAY. I love this girl. She works so hard, has two babies UNDER TWO and loves the Lord. She plans to blog about her crazy busy life and getting back in shape after baby number two. Check it out this Friday!
And a couple of these nominees may or may not have a few more than 200 followers. Oh well. I'm giving the awards out here... I can bend a few rules if I want to.
Now, here are my 5 questions for my 5 nominees:
1. Why do you blog? Why did you start and why do you continue?
2. What is your favorite post you've ever done? (provide a link!)
3. What's one thing we don't know about your family?
4. What can readers look forward to on your blog? What's around the corner?
5. What's on your Christmas list??
Nominees, be sure to follow the rules above and comment below with your follow up post!